How to set up the Mag 254 firmware and connect to FVC UK TV services.
This quick help guide will show you how to set up the Mag 254.
Before you start you will need to email us with your contact details and MAC address of your Mag 254 set top box so we can create your UK TV account on our system at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Make sure the Mag 254 is connected to the internet via the router and is also connected to the TV.
• Insert batteries into the remote control.
• Turn on the Mag 254 by pressing the red power button on the remote.
• The Mag 254 will boot up and load the inner portal.
• Go to settings and scroll down to the auto update software tab (it’s best to update firmware before setting up your box).
• Once the firmware has updated go back to the inner portal, click on settings and then click on system settings.
• Click on servers
• In the server box click on portals
• Once you are in the portal area you need to use the keyboard on the remote control and enter the portal address (URL) fvctv.uk
- Once you have entered the portal URL click menu then ok to save your settings.
- You may new need to change the time server to sync you Mag with the correct time.
- Once you have saved the portal url you will return back to the servers page.
- Click on General and add the NTP address which is uk.pool.ntp.org
- Once done click on menu then ok to save the setting. You will now be prompted to reboot the STB.
- We recommend pulling the power cable from the STB for 10 seconds to force a hard reboot.